APM Index Template with numeric_detection

I'm trying to use my template labels as integer/float data and aggregate them in some dashboards but all labels have the type of string since Elastic APM sends them as a string. Is there a way to create APM index templates on the setup with numeric_detection: true parameter? I know that we have can something on templates like setup.template.settings.index.number_of_shards: 100 but can't we setup.template.settings.index.mapping.numeric_detection: true?

Welcome to the forum!

Number and Boolean labels are supported since APM server version 6.7 - see documentation.

I hope this helps.

Thank you for your answer. This would absolutely help but unfortunately, I can't find a way to use this in Golang client. SetTag method allows only string value. Do you have any suggestions?

Hi Yasin,

It doesn't look like it's possible to set this template mapping attribute at the moment, but someone from the APM Server team may be able to find a way.

I've just opened https://github.com/elastic/apm-agent-go/issues/572 to add support directly in the agent. I think that's probably the best way forward.

Cheers,
Andrew

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.