APM Server index template matching [traces-apm.sampled] not found

Kibana version: 8.5.1

Elasticsearch version:8.5.1

APM Server version:8.5.1

APM Agent language and version: Not yet installed

Browser version:Chrome 107.0.5304.63

Original install method (e.g. download page, yum, deb, from source, etc.) and version:
Download and extract

Fresh install or upgraded from other version? Fresh Install

Is there anything special in your setup? For example, are you using the Logstash or Kafka outputs? Are you using a load balancer in front of the APM Servers? Have you changed index pattern, generated custom templates, changed agent configuration etc. No

Description of the problem including expected versus actual behavior. Please include screenshots (if relevant):

While starting the APM Server, I see the following logs:
{"log.level":"error","@timestamp":"2022-11-23T23:01:31.837+0530","log.logger":"beater","log.origin":{"file.name":"beater/waitready.go","file.line":62},"message":"precondition 'apm integration installed' failed: error querying Elasticsearch for integration index templates: unexpected HTTP status: 404 Not Found ({\"error\":{\"root_cause\":[{\"type\":\"resource_not_found_exception\",\"reason\":\"index template matching [traces-apm.sampled] not found\"}],\"type\":\"resource_not_found_exception\",\"reason\":\"index template matching [traces-apm.sampled] not found\"},\"status\":404}): to remediate, please install the apm integration: https://ela.st/apm-integration-quickstart","service.name":"apm-server","ecs.version":"1.6.0"}
{"log.level":"error","@timestamp":"2022-11-23T23:01:36.688+0530","log.logger":"beater","log.origin":{"file.name":"beater/waitready.go","file.line":62},"message":"precondition 'apm integration installed' failed: error querying Elasticsearch for integration index templates: unexpected HTTP status: 404 Not Found ({\"error\":{\"root_cause\":[{\"type\":\"resource_not_found_exception\",\"reason\":\"index template matching [traces-apm] not found\"}],\"type\":\"resource_not_found_exception\",\"reason\":\"index template matching [traces-apm] not found\"},\"status\":404}): to remediate, please install the apm integration: https://ela.st/apm-integration-quickstart","service.name":"apm-server","ecs.version":"1.6.0"}

Also when the server is started and I check for the status of APM Server, I see that the APM Server is not detected.

Steps to reproduce:
Followed the standard steps as per documentation.

Errors in browser console (if relevant):

Provide logs and/or server output (if relevant):
{"log.level":"error","@timestamp":"2022-11-23T23:01:31.837+0530","log.logger":"beater","log.origin":{"file.name":"beater/waitready.go","file.line":62},"message":"precondition 'apm integration installed' failed: error querying Elasticsearch for integration index templates: unexpected HTTP status: 404 Not Found ({\"error\":{\"root_cause\":[{\"type\":\"resource_not_found_exception\",\"reason\":\"index template matching [traces-apm.sampled] not found\"}],\"type\":\"resource_not_found_exception\",\"reason\":\"index template matching [traces-apm.sampled] not found\"},\"status\":404}): to remediate, please install the apm integration: https://ela.st/apm-integration-quickstart","service.name":"apm-server","ecs.version":"1.6.0"}
{"log.level":"error","@timestamp":"2022-11-23T23:01:36.688+0530","log.logger":"beater","log.origin":{"file.name":"beater/waitready.go","file.line":62},"message":"precondition 'apm integration installed' failed: error querying Elasticsearch for integration index templates: unexpected HTTP status: 404 Not Found ({\"error\":{\"root_cause\":[{\"type\":\"resource_not_found_exception\",\"reason\":\"index template matching [traces-apm] not found\"}],\"type\":\"resource_not_found_exception\",\"reason\":\"index template matching [traces-apm] not found\"},\"status\":404}): to remediate, please install the apm integration: https://ela.st/apm-integration-quickstart","service.name":"apm-server","ecs.version":"1.6.0"}

Hi @DenishPatel ,
thanks for reporting this. The error suggests that the APM Integration is not installed, linking here how to install the APM integration.

Thanks for replying Silvia.
And apologies for the delayed response.

I tried to perform the steps mentioned in the link. However, when I click on "APM Integration", I get the following error:

Error loading integration details
Package must contain a top-level manifest.yml file.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.