APM to make it work with Python

Hi All,
I am evaluating APM for Java and Python based erp server, I was able to data from Java based Apllication Server like Jboss, tomcat and wildfly , the setup was able to be done with forum help

Now I am trying to see how could I get details for the Python based ERP such as Odoo and ErpNext
From the url

[Introduction | APM Python Agent Reference [6.x] | Elastic]

I could see that framework of Odoo and ERPNext is not supported, In what way a used can use elasticsearch APM for this sectors for Odoo and ERPNext

thanks
Joseph John

Kibana version:
Elasticsearch version:
APM Server version:
APM Agent language and version:
elastic-apm-agent-1.9.0.jar
Browser version:
Firefox 69
Original install method (e.g. download page, yum, deb, from source, etc.) and version:
deb
Fresh install or upgraded from other version?
Fresh

Hi @Joseph_John

I'm not familiar with either of those projects, but it looks like they both are built on top of the Werkzeug WSGI server. This should theoretically allow you to write a WSGI middleware that starts and ends transactions. It's not something we currently document or support, but I wrote a blog post a while ago that explains how you can instrument a framework. You can find it here: https://www.elastic.co/blog/creating-custom-framework-integrations-with-the-elastic-apm-python-agent

Unfortunately, this isn't a plug-and-play solution and will probably require quite a bit of code to get it to work.

1 Like

Thanks Beniwohli,
I will try to explore and see what can I do with the help of our programers.
will update the progress on the forum
and thanks for the link

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.