APM UI query bar broken

Kibana version: 7.5.1

Elasticsearch version: 7.5.1

APM Server version: 7.5.1

APM Agent language and version: Java Agent on version 1.12.0

Is there anything special in your setup? All services run on docker

Description of the problem including expected versus actual behavior:
Actual behavior: When I type something in the query bar at the APM UI, I get no suggestions, and when I insert a search request, nothing happens. I do have results listed, and can see the fields that I try to query when I click on them.

Expected behavior: When I type in the query bar, I get suggestions, and when I enter queries they filter the results.

The error first occurred when I changed infra configurations in Kibana, but reversing these changes doesn't help. The query bar works on all other places in Kibana, and I can filter results from the apm-* index pattern on the Discovery page.
I have also not found any relevant logs or errors.

Thanks for your help!

I solved it: When Kibana starts, my setup manually configured an index-pattern with the correct name, but not with the correct fields. Because I used the default values in apm-server.yml, APM did not overwrite the pattern with the correct one (that it otherwise configures automatically). Because the query bar needs searchable fields defined in the index pattern to query them, I could not use the bar.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.