There’s no APM index pattern available. To use the Query bar, please choose to import the APM index pattern in the Setup Instructions

I'm getting this alert.
Searched this discussion board and found a thread that was closed back in Sep.
closed disussion from Sep
Tried all things recommended on that thread and nothing works.
I apologize for opening another thread with same subject title. I would of continued on that thread but since it's closed and I couldn't comment on it.

I'm on 6.4.3 stack
Thanks in advance.

@gil @sqren

Hi,
sorry to hear about the troubles. Did you do a fresh install or have you updated from a previous version? Could you check which apm* indices were created, and ensure that your kibana.yml has apm_oss.indexPattern: 'apm*' configured. Does importing the APM index pattern through the setup instructions show any error?

Hi @simitt
I updated the ELK stack from 6.3 to 6.4.
apm* index pattern does exist.
No errors during import of APM index pattern through setup instructions.
kibana.yml has the apm_oss.indexPattern: 'apm*'

Still having the issue.

Hi,

This could be related to this issue: https://github.com/elastic/kibana/issues/24628.

Do you by any chance have more than 20 index patterns? You can see that by going to this url: <kibana-host-url>/api/saved_objects/_find?type=index-pattern

You should get a response like:

{
  "page": 1,
  "per_page": 20,
  "total": 5,
  "saved_objects": [...]
}

The number in total indicates the number of index patterns.

@sqren, That looks like my issue.
I have 34 index patterns.
Looks like I need to upgrade to version 6.5.
Thank you so much for the information.

@struct, great we found the problem.

Can you do me a favour, and let me know if this url returns the apm index pattern (and how many unrelated index patterns it contains):
<kibana host>/api/saved_objects/_find?type=index-pattern&per_page=10000&search=apm&search_fields=title

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.