APM upgrade 6.5.0 to 6.5.1

(Lo Tel) #1

just got the error after yum upgrade

2018-11-23T11:13:35.493+0100 ERROR pipeline/output.go:100 Failed to connect to backoff(elasticsearch(https://xxxxxxxxxx:9200/var/log/apm-server)): 404 Not Found: {"error":{"root_cause":[{"type":"index_not_found_exception","reason":"no such index","resource.type":"index_expression","resource.id":"var","index_uuid":"na","index":"var"}],"type":"index_not_found_exception","reason":"no such index","resource.type":"index_expression","resource.id":"var","index_uuid":"na","index":"var"},"status":404}
2018-11-23T11:13:35.493+0100 INFO pipeline/output.go:93 Attempting to reconnect to backoff(elasticsearch(https://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:9200/var/log/apm-server)) with 12 reconnect attempt(s)

i made no other changes, all cluster has been updated before without any errors

(Lo Tel) #2

monitoring is ok but the message of connection stay

(Silvia Mitter) #3

monitoring is ok but the message of connection stay

I am not sure what you mean by monitoring is ok.

Please check that you haven't turned off automatic index creation.

(Lo Tel) #4

i mean in the section monitoring of the apm i see it running, no automatic index creation disabled

(Lo Tel) #5

it works well in 6.5.0 , just made a yum upgrade and restart

(Silvia Mitter) #6

Which version of Elasticsearch are you using? Are you using default settings for the server and default user and role settings?
I cannot reproduce the issue with Elasticsearch version 6.5.1 and default settings.

(Lo Tel) #7

6.5.1 elastic, kibana, apm, logstash.

Now i put elastic as user for elastic output and monitoring and it's the same error with the var index

(Silvia Mitter) #8

Do you have access to the elasticsearch logs and could you please check if you see any errors there?

(Silvia Mitter) #9

How does your setup look like? Do you have logstash configured as output from the APM Server, which then writes to Elasticsearch?

(Lo Tel) #10

Tx Sylvia, i have open a call on support and we find the solution. It was logfile enabled commented when line of path was not commented.

(Silvia Mitter) #11

Glad to hear you figured it out, I am closing this thread then.

(Silvia Mitter) #12