APM upgrade 6.5.0 to 6.5.1

just got the error after yum upgrade

2018-11-23T11:13:35.493+0100 ERROR pipeline/output.go:100 Failed to connect to backoff(elasticsearch(https://xxxxxxxxxx:9200/var/log/apm-server)): 404 Not Found: {"error":{"root_cause":[{"type":"index_not_found_exception","reason":"no such index","resource.type":"index_expression","resource.id":"var","index_uuid":"na","index":"var"}],"type":"index_not_found_exception","reason":"no such index","resource.type":"index_expression","resource.id":"var","index_uuid":"na","index":"var"},"status":404}
2018-11-23T11:13:35.493+0100 INFO pipeline/output.go:93 Attempting to reconnect to backoff(elasticsearch(https://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:9200/var/log/apm-server)) with 12 reconnect attempt(s)

i made no other changes, all cluster has been updated before without any errors

monitoring is ok but the message of connection stay

monitoring is ok but the message of connection stay

I am not sure what you mean by monitoring is ok.

Please check that you haven't turned off automatic index creation.

i mean in the section monitoring of the apm i see it running, no automatic index creation disabled

it works well in 6.5.0 , just made a yum upgrade and restart

Which version of Elasticsearch are you using? Are you using default settings for the server and default user and role settings?
I cannot reproduce the issue with Elasticsearch version 6.5.1 and default settings.

6.5.1 elastic, kibana, apm, logstash.

Now i put elastic as user for elastic output and monitoring and it's the same error with the var index

Do you have access to the elasticsearch logs and could you please check if you see any errors there?

How does your setup look like? Do you have logstash configured as output from the APM Server, which then writes to Elasticsearch?

Tx Sylvia, i have open a call on support and we find the solution. It was logfile enabled commented when line of path was not commented.

Glad to hear you figured it out, I am closing this thread then.