Autorefresh Kibana dashboard in an IFrame

Hi,

I've created a Kibana dashboard and set up autorefreshing - looks great when viewed in Kibana, however I want to embed this in a web page.

I've copied the embed iframe code the as both saved object and snapshot, but once used in an IFrame on a web page, the auto refresh doesn't work.

Here's the iframe source URI that is copied from Kibana:

http://localhost:5601/app/kibana#/dashboard/e41be340-0221-11e9-9e70-bb6fc615084f?embed=true&_g=(filters:!(),refreshInterval:(pause:!f,value:10000),time:(from:now-30d,mode:quick,to:now))&_a=(description:'',filters:!(),fullScreenMode:!f,options:(darkTheme:!f,hidePanelTitles:!f,useMargins:!t),panels:!((embeddableConfig:(),gridData:(h:15,i:'1',w:24,x:0,y:0),id:f2dd1e50-021f-11e9-9e70-bb6fc615084f,panelIndex:'1',type:visualization,version:'6.5.1'),(embeddableConfig:(vis:(legendOpen:!t)),gridData:(h:15,i:'2',w:24,x:24,y:0),id:'5e579d40-0220-11e9-9e70-bb6fc615084f',panelIndex:'2',type:visualization,version:'6.5.1'),(embeddableConfig:(),gridData:(h:11,i:'3',w:48,x:0,y:15),id:dc4d4010-0220-11e9-9e70-bb6fc615084f,panelIndex:'3',type:visualization,version:'6.5.1')),query:(language:lucene,query:''),timeRestore:!f,title:Dashboard,viewMode:edit)

What am I doing wrong?

I can get a dashboard autorefreshing in an IFrame, but only by removing the embed=true and then setting the autorefresh manually. This is no good, as I don't want the users accessing all the other stuff you get when removing the embed flag.

Version: 6.5.1, tried in Chrome and Firefox

I was also not able to get auto-refresh in embedded iframes to work in v6.5.1. However, I tried on v6.5.3 and have no issues. I recommend upgrading your Kibana version to the latest patch.

1 Like

Hmmm, I'll see if I can upgrade in our environment. Though it seems like quite a fundamental thing to not be working...

Thanks.

Hi there,
I'm new to Kibana and the forums, so my questions are fairly broad at this stage.

Like OP, I'm also developing a webapp that will display graphs from ES. Are Kibana iFrames the best way to visualize the data? Is there a JS library I can use to control the graphs a little better?

Some issues that I would like to address:

1. Faster initial loading times for multiple graphs
  2. State management so graphs don't reload on page load
  3. Filters are applied to all graphs on same page

I'm sure I can find solutions to these issues using libraries. Does the g=() at the end of the iframe allow for programmatically changing things within my webapp?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Mick

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.