Azure snapshot type is missing

I've installed the Azure repository plugin for 6.7, and configured a blob for it to write to. The directions at https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/plugins/6.7/repository-azure.html have been followed, but I'm not able to write anything to the blob.

When using the Debug console in Kibana, I'm not being presented with an option for azure as a destination, so I'm wondering if that is the issue.

27_409x95_58921B44

[2019-03-27T13:10:47,263][INFO ][o.e.p.PluginsService ] [DevELA01] loaded plugin [repository-azure]

Advice is welcome on how to get this to appear.

Thank you

@Larry_Wapnitsky it looks like the autocompletion within DevTools is missing azure as an option currently. I've opened a PR to address .

In the meantime, I think you can still specify "azure", along with the valid settings, and override the autocompletion. Let me know how you get on.

I've done it manually, and it doesn't throw an error, but it also doesn't put anything into my blob. The documentation only says to add the keys, not edit the elasticsearch.yml file, like the older version.

Is there something I can check? Maybe increase logging on a specific system to look? You'd expect errors, or for a write to the blob, but neither works.

Best,
Larry

Solved - docs are missing steps. Found answer here ES Azure plugin not backing up data onto Storage Account

Also helps when i read the master section of snapshots, too :slight_smile: Need more :coffee:

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.