Backup from ES data to a remote machine

hi all...
i am working on a project that puts its results to elastic search during running on a server... my data is growing and i want to save my elastic search data in a new remote server in order to move whole data from entire server to new remote server and continue there.
As i read, i should create repository and take snapshot...i did it locally on my entire server by creating repository, setting path.repo in .yml and taking snapshot!
The problem is that, i want to backup my data on a remote server (not locally) in order to continue on it...
i should say that, i am very new at elastic search world, so please guide me in details...
i need your fast replies, thanks a lot...
Best regards...

I have been succesfully using elasticdump to move indices from cluster to cluster or to create daily backups of my elasticsearch data

Reindex API can read old cluster and index in the new cluster

@dadoonet thanks for your reply... i used Reindex API... it seems that there is a problem about some data types, because i faced with this error and reindex process is not completed:

"error" : {
"root_cause" : [
{
"type" : "status_exception",
"reason" : "body={"error":{"root_cause":[{"type":"search_context_missing_exception","reason":"No search context found for id [41875]"},{"type":"search_context_missing_exception","reason":"No search context found for id [41874]"},{"type":"search_context_missing_exception","reason":"No search context found for id [41870]\ ...........
}
there is different types of data in my results such as string, date, id , .... does it relate to this error?
i have another question; my data is very large, more than 50 G... is there any limit about size in remote Reindex method?

Most likely you got a timeout or something while running the scroll.

my data is very large, more than 50 G.

That might explain.

It depends on the size of your docs. As per documentation, I can read:

Reindexing from a remote server uses an on-heap buffer that defaults to a maximum size of 100mb. If the remote index includes very large documents you’ll need to use a smaller batch size. The example below sets the batch size 10 which is very, very small.

May be change the size. Or look at slicing options???

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.