Backup Restore to different Host - no snapshots

(Bruce) #1

Hi,

I'm doing this on ES 5.0.2 on Ubuntu 16.04 in Azure

In order to do backups properly, I have a second machine with a 4TB area. I'm using a single repo with incremental snapshots. The connection is NFS.

To test the backups, I've set up a 3rd test machine and mounted the SAME backup partition and path. So, both ES hosts are looking at the same path and, in theory, files for the path.repo.

I have registered the same repo name on the test machine. I run a query and I can see the repo i just registered.

However, when I run this query: GET /_snapshot/NameOfMyBackup/_all I get an empty result.

I've looked through the docs and I don't see anything that prevents more that one host or cluster looking at the same repo. Have I missed something?

Any and all thoughts/tips/instructions are very welcome.

ADDITION/EDIT:
I have also now copied the backup repo onto the machine I'm trying to restore to, and I have the same problem. I register the repo, and when I query it, no snapshots show up.

(Bruce) #2

So, what does it take to get someone to reply and help on posts here? I'm willing to dance, tho you all may want to pay me not to...

(system) #3

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.