Beginner’s Crash Course to Elastic Stack - Part 4: Aggregations | Issues with data

After importing the data.csv file and running the STEP 1: Create a new index(ecommerce_data) with the following mapping., I am getting an error:

{
"error": {
"root_cause": [
{
"type": "resource_already_exists_exception",
"reason": "index [ecommerce_data/if7D34vxR2W6IfuPPGyuKw] already exists",
"index_uuid": "if7D34vxR2W6IfuPPGyuKw",
"index": "ecommerce_data"
}
],
"type": "resource_already_exists_exception",
"reason": "index [ecommerce_data/if7D34vxR2W6IfuPPGyuKw] already exists",
"index_uuid": "if7D34vxR2W6IfuPPGyuKw",
},
"status": 400
}

Reference: GitHub - LisaHJung/Part-4-Running-Aggregations-with-Elasticsearch-and-Kibana

Please ignore this. When i imported the data, I named the index as " ecommerce_data" and hence I got the error message "resource_already_exists_exception"

Worth suggesting in Git repo to import the file and use a name for the index as "ecommerce_orig"

Then, data cleanup would work seamlessly.

1 Like

Suggested change for the Repo:

Resources

Table of Contents: Beginner's Crash Course to Elastic Stack:

This workshop is a part of the Beginner's Crash Course to Elastic Stack series. Check out this table contents to access all the workshops in the series thus far. This table will continue to get updated as more workshops in the series are released!

Free Elastic Cloud Trial

Instructions on how to access Elasticsearch and Kibana on Elastic Cloud

Instructions for downloading Elasticsearch and Kibana

Video Recording of the workshop

Mini Beginner's Crash Course to Elasticsearch & Kibana playlist

Do you prefer learning by watching shorter videos? Check out this playlist to watch short clips of beginner's crash course full length workshops. Part 4 workshop is broken down into episodes 15-18. Season 2 clips will be uploaded here in the future!

Presentation slides

E-commerce Dataset from Kaggle. Please name the index as "ecommerce_original"

What's next? Eager to continue your learning after mastering the concept from this workshop? Move on to Part 5: Understanding Mapping with Elasticsearch and Kibana here!

Second change:

STEP 2: Reindex the data from the original index(source) to the one you just created(destination).

POST _reindex
{
  "source": {
    "index": "***ecommerce_original***"
  },
  "dest": {
  }
}

Thanks for the feedback, you would be best off reporting this in Issues · LisaHJung/Beginners-Crash-Course-to-Elastic-Stack-Series-Table-of-Contents · GitHub to make sure Lisa sees it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Lisa_Jung FYI. Just a thought to make this lab easier to follow.

Cheers

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.