Problems with Part 4 of the Crash Course

Hi, I'm new to Elasticsearch and I'm starting with it watching the Crash Course, and in the part 4, when I run the first command to setup data within Elasticsearch, I'm returing a error 400 and couldn't figure out whats the problem.

Link

I download the data examples from Kaggle, and upload in Kibana as instructed (index pattern name: ecommerce_original_data), then when I run the command:

PUT ecommerce_data
{
  "mappings": {
    "meta": {
      "created_by": "ml-file-data-visualizer"
    },
    "properties": {
      "Country": {
        "type": "keyword"
      },
      "CustomerID": {
        "type": "long"
      },
      "Description": {
        "type": "text"
      },
      "InvoiceDate": {
        "type": "date",
        "format": "M/d/yyyy H:m"
      },
      "InvoiceNo": {
      },
      "Quantity": {
        "type": "long"
      },
      "StockCode": {
      },
      "UnitPrice": {
        "type": "double"
      }
    }
  }
}

I'm getting the error:

{
  "error" : {
    "root_cause" : [
      {
        "type" : "mapper_parsing_exception",
        "reason" : "Root mapping definition has unsupported parameters:  [meta : {created_by=ml-file-data-visualizer}]"
      }
    ],
    "reason" : "Failed to parse mapping [_doc]: Root mapping definition has unsupported parameters:  [meta : {created_by=ml-file-data-visualizer}]",
    "caused_by" : {
      "reason" : "Root mapping definition has unsupported parameters:  [meta : {created_by=ml-file-data-visualizer}]"
    }
  },
  "status" : 400
}

Somebody can help me?

I'm self-hosting elasticsearch (7.13.1) and kibana (7.13.1).

EDIT: Updated the version of Kibana i'm running.

Welcome!

I don't know what is happening but at least you should use the same version for both kibana and elasticsearch.

Ok, I updated Kibana to version 7.13.1 to match versions. But still getting the same error.

I have not seen this tutorial before, but based on the download instructions it looks like it may have been developed based on Elasticsearch 7.10 although it would be great of that was made clearer. I wonder if that could have any impact?

Let's see if @Lisa_Jung could help. :wink:

This is more of a guess, but I think the field should be _meta (note the underscore): _meta field | Elasticsearch Guide [7.13] | Elastic

PUT ecommerce_data
{
  "mappings": {
    "_meta": {
      "created_by": "ml-file-data-visualizer"
    },
3 Likes

Wooooow, it worked!
Thank you very much!

Tomorrow I'm gonna read the documentation to understand the variables, criterias, parameters, etc...

You're a life saver! Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.