Bug in tile maps?

Hey,

I finally got working tile maps working, oh what a pain I had to experience! But anyway, everything looks amazing just there is one little thing, I will do my best to explain what the problem is, but if you don't understand something - feel free to ask me to clarify this.

How to replicate:
I'm using geoip filter to get coordinates of ip address. In discover , one of the fields looks like this:
geoip.location -83.1763, 42.32230000000001

But when I'm using tile map to visual this record, in the map I see this http://i.imgur.com/5B8OVyN.png , as you can see the coordinates has changed!!!! I have no idea who is changing them, there are no related filters.

Just in case it helps somehow, these are my 3 coordinate fields:
geoip.latitude 42.322
geoip.location -83.1763, 42.32230000000001
#geoip.longitude -83.176
The IP is: 19.227.76.28

Can anyone help please ?

Thank you very much.

By the way, I have tried creating additional field like this:
geoip {
source => "request_ip"
target => "geoip"
add_field => [ "coordinates", "%{[geoip][longitude]}" ]
add_field => [ "coordinates", "%{[geoip][latitude]}" ]
}

Then using that field "as a source" to visualize coordinates, but I see different coordinates on the map. I have no fucking idea why this is happening, I wish I could, but this is something beyond my control and looks like:

a) kibana doesn't visualize that field immediately and does some kind of unknown to me processing
b) bug in kibana code somewhere

Please mark this as closed, as I have realized that if you zoom in properly, then everything looks good.

I'm glad you were able to figure it out. The reason is that kibana isn't showing exact data points on the map. It's showing aggregations of the locations.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.