Bug in tile maps?


(jonasv) #1

Hey,

I finally got working tile maps working, oh what a pain I had to experience! But anyway, everything looks amazing just there is one little thing, I will do my best to explain what the problem is, but if you don't understand something - feel free to ask me to clarify this.

How to replicate:
I'm using geoip filter to get coordinates of ip address. In discover , one of the fields looks like this:
geoip.location -83.1763, 42.32230000000001

But when I'm using tile map to visual this record, in the map I see this http://i.imgur.com/5B8OVyN.png , as you can see the coordinates has changed!!!! I have no idea who is changing them, there are no related filters.

Just in case it helps somehow, these are my 3 coordinate fields:
geoip.latitude 42.322
geoip.location -83.1763, 42.32230000000001
#geoip.longitude -83.176
The IP is: 19.227.76.28

Can anyone help please ?

Thank you very much.


(jonasv) #2

By the way, I have tried creating additional field like this:
geoip {
source => "request_ip"
target => "geoip"
add_field => [ "coordinates", "%{[geoip][longitude]}" ]
add_field => [ "coordinates", "%{[geoip][latitude]}" ]
}

Then using that field "as a source" to visualize coordinates, but I see different coordinates on the map. I have no fucking idea why this is happening, I wish I could, but this is something beyond my control and looks like:

a) kibana doesn't visualize that field immediately and does some kind of unknown to me processing
b) bug in kibana code somewhere


(jonasv) #3

Please mark this as closed, as I have realized that if you zoom in properly, then everything looks good.


(Jim Unger) #4

I'm glad you were able to figure it out. The reason is that kibana isn't showing exact data points on the map. It's showing aggregations of the locations.


(system) #5

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.