Build rpm package with ES source file elasticsearch-8.12.1-linux-x86_64.tar.gz file excluding jdk , so that I can reduce its size

I have downloaded ES source file elasticsearch-8.12.1-linux-x86_64.tar.gz file which has all binaries, libraries, jdk and Modules etcetera.

I have tried to build rpm package I am getting error .

I am following this link to build rpm package.
https://rogerwelin.github.io/rpm/rpmbuild/elasticsearch/2015/04/22/rpmbuild-tutorial-elasticsearch-part-2.html

Eventually It was showing in ERROR scrn shot that java and binaries are not installed , I have installed everything before running rpm. still getting error.

Sorry for typos !!

Please don't post images of text as they are hard to read, may not display correctly for everyone, and are not searchable.

Instead, paste the text and format it with </> icon or pairs of triple backticks (```), and check the preview window to make sure it's properly formatted before posting it. This makes it more likely that your question will receive a useful answer.

It would be great if you could update your post to solve this.

Apparently it's missing a dependency?

I have downloaded ES source file elasticsearch-8.12.1-linux-x86_64.tar.gz file which has all binaries, libraries, jdk and Modules etcetera.

This is 9 years old. I doubt you can follow that guide.

Thanks for the feedback Sir. Next time I will post in text form. Now I cant as I only had screenshots.

1. For missing dependency. I have deleted jdk for purpose. Thats what I want so that rpm package created would be of small size( less than 500mb) .
  2. For missing dependency, I have installed missing dependencies separately , before installing ES with rpm package. But its still showing error.
    3 . For old link I will definitely search.

Thanks once again.

But why do you want to reduce the size of the RPM?

May be you should clone the GitHub repository and change the way it's built? Or just build the project and get from there the artifacts you need?
The zip distribution might be the best place to start?

Ist reason, ES8.12.1's rpm file has ES and java together. I want to install them separately. Means building ES rpm package without java only.
2nd, I want to push 590Mb of rpm file to github ( this I cant avoid as its company policy) . When I use git pull 590 Mb file crashes.

For two reasons I want to build rpm package without jdk , ES only .

Before this, in ES6 version both ES and java were separate so there was no issue.

I'd build it from the source and start here:

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.