Building for ppc64le

I'm trying to build the deb package for Filebeat for ppc64le . I've followed the developer guide and setup a Go environment with Python 3.7, Mage, and Virtualenv on my system. When I navigate to beats/filebeat directory and run PLATFORMS=linux/ppc64le make release it says:

2020/03/26 13:41:58 Found Elastic Beats dir at /luke-perm/go/src/github.com/elastic/beats
Generated fields.yml for filebeat to /luke-perm/go/src/github.com/elastic/beats/filebeat/fields.yml
No fields files for module apache2
Generated fields.yml for filebeat to /luke-perm/go/src/github.com/elastic/beats/filebeat/fields.yml
>> Building filebeat.yml for linux/amd64
>> Building filebeat.reference.yml for linux/amd64
>> Building filebeat.docker.yml for linux/amd64
2020/03/26 13:42:03 Found Elastic Beats dir at /luke-perm/go/src/github.com/elastic/beats
Generated fields.yml for filebeat to /luke-perm/go/src/github.com/elastic/beats/filebeat/build/fields/fields.all.yml
>> package: Skipping because the platform list is empty
>> Testing package contents
package ran for 10.335682943s

It looks like it is not recognizing the value of PLATFORMS variable...

I also tried using the Docker cross-build container from https://github.com/elastic/golang-crossbuild to build for ppc64le on an x86 machine, but when I run:

docker run -it --rm \
  -v $GOPATH/src/github.com/elastic/beats:/go/src/github.com/elastic/beats \
  -w /go/src/github.com/elastic/beats/filebeat \
  -e CGO_ENABLED=1 \
  docker.elastic.co/beats-dev/golang-crossbuild:1.13.9-ppc \
  --build-cmd "make release" \
  -p "linux/ppc64le"

it complains about mage command not existing...

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.