Calculating e-commerce conversion rate

Hi all,

I need to calculate conversion rates (view/purchase) for each banner in my e-commerce site. I have 3 documents, assume you are surfing on an ecommerce site there are lots of products and banners. When u see a banner, banner_view event is saved to elasticsearch. On banner_view event we have user_id ( who saw the banner ) and banner_id

---------------------------
banner_view
{
	"user-id": "id-1234",
	"banner-id": "banner_x",
}

Actually from the system point of view I know which banner is related to which products. Say I have a set of documents showing this relation;
banner-product-relation
{
"banner-id": "banner_x",
"product_ids": [
"product_1",
"product_8"
]
}
{
"banner-id": "banner_y",
"product_ids": [
"product_10",
"product_11",
"product_12"
]
}

Assume during your session, you decided to buy some products. When u buy products checkout_completed event is triggered ans saved in elasticsearch.

checkout_completed
{
	"user-id": "id-1234",
	"products" : [
		{
			product_id: "product_1",
			price: "123"
		},
		{
			product_id: "product_2",
			price: "253"
		},
		{
			product_id: "product_3",
			price: "62"
		}

]	

}

As u see in samples user (id_1234) first saw a banner (banner_x) then bought a product (product_1) which is related to banner. In order to calculate conversion for each banner I need something like that;

user-id | banner_id | impression_count | purchase_count 
id-1234 | banner_x  |   1              | 1

How can I calculate such an aggregation with elasticsearch,
please feel free to advice model changes also, I can change model of documents or create new documents.

regards.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.