Call command "curator_cli --help" get error message

[root@FTJF-ELK-TEST ~]# curator --help
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/python2.7/bin/curator", line 7, in <module>
    from curator.cli import cli
  File "/usr/local/python2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/curator/__init__.py", line 6, in <module>
    from .utils import *
  File "/usr/local/python2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/curator/utils.py", line 1, in <module>
    import elasticsearch
  File "/usr/local/python2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/elasticsearch/__init__.py", line 17, in <module>
    from .client import Elasticsearch
  File "/usr/local/python2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/elasticsearch/client/__init__.py", line 4, in <module>
    from ..transport import Transport
  File "/usr/local/python2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/elasticsearch/transport.py", line 4, in <module>
    from .connection import Urllib3HttpConnection
  File "/usr/local/python2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/elasticsearch/connection/__init__.py", line 3, in <module>
    from .http_urllib3 import Urllib3HttpConnection, create_ssl_context
  File "/usr/local/python2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/elasticsearch/connection/http_urllib3.py", line 2, in <module>
    import ssl
  File "/usr/local/python2.7/lib/python2.7/ssl.py", line 98, in <module>
    import _ssl             # if we can't import it, let the error propagate

I'm guessing that you have a much older version of Python 2.7, and it does not have the appropriate SSL libraries.

Have you considered installing one of the RPM or DEB packages (if this is a linux box)? These pre-packaged versions come with their own version of Python 3.6, and are fully up-to-date.

If it's some other unix-like system (FreeBSD, etc) that cannot use DEB/RPM packages, have please consider installing Python 3.5 or better still, 3.6. Older versions of Python 2.7 may simply not have the correct SSL libraries/modules installed. Curator is tested with the latest versions of Python 2.7, 3.5, and 3.6. Older than 2.7.10 or 2.7.11 may be in need of an update.

After I upgraded my python to 3.6, the problem was solved. Thank you very much for you help!

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.