Error while trying to connect elastic search with curator

Hi ,

"I have installed curator using sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install elasticsearch-curator"
When i am trying to run the following command
curator --dry-run snapshot.yml --config curator.yml. Getting below error.

2019-09-12 14:12:51,218 INFO Preparing Action ID: 1, "snapshot"
2019-09-12 14:12:51,222 ERROR Elasticsearch version 7.3.1 incompatible with this version of Curator (5.2.0)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/curator", line 11, in
load_entry_point('elasticsearch-curator==5.2.0', 'console_scripts', 'curator')()
File "/home/ubuntu/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/click/core.py", line 722, in call
return self.main(*args, **kwargs)
File "/home/ubuntu/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/click/core.py", line 697, in main
rv = self.invoke(ctx)
File "/home/ubuntu/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/click/core.py", line 895, in invoke
return ctx.invoke(self.callback, **ctx.params)
File "/home/ubuntu/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/click/core.py", line 535, in invoke
return callback(*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/curator/cli.py", line 211, in cli
run(config, action_file, dry_run)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/curator/cli.py", line 158, in run
client = get_client(**client_args)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/curator/utils.py", line 800, in get_client
'Error: {0}'.format(e)
elasticsearch.exceptions.ElasticsearchException: Unable to create client connection to Elasticsearch. Error: Elasticsearch version 7.3.1 incompatible with this version of Curator (5.2.0)

You're using an old version of Curator which does not support ES 7.x, and suffers from a long-since-fixed version reporting bug.

Upgrade to Curator 5.7.6 to correct this. I'm not sure which repository still has 5.2.0, but it's not the official Curator repository.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.