Can I run indexing-task and searching-task in parallel?

Now I need to test the performance of elasticsearch while indexing and searching .
But according to http://esrally.readthedocs.io/en/latest/adding_tracks.html#running-tasks-in-parallel it seems that esrally only support Running searching-task in parallel.
as follows:
{
"parallel": {
"warmup-iterations": 1000,
"iterations": 1000,
"tasks": [
{
"operation": "default",
"target-throughput": 50
},
{
"operation": "term",
"target-throughput": 200
},
{
"operation": "phrase",
"target-throughput": 200
},
{
"operation": "country_agg_uncached",
"target-throughput": 50
}
]
}
}
]
}
how can i modify it ,thank you!

Hi @a943013827,

this scenario should work fine with Rally. See the last example in the track reference.

Daniel

thank you very much

Hi Daniel
Another question is how can i run rally with decompressed data,I saw someone who has raised the question and solved it,but he didn't give the answer.

Hi @a943013827,

yes, you can decompress data ahead of time if you want to do that. You just need to keep the compressed file (I think) otherwise Rally will attempt to download the data again.

Btw, topics without activity close automatically after some period of time (4 weeks IIRC).

Can you please open one topic per question in the future instead of reusing this existing thread? This helps other users find the relevant discussions more easily. Thanks! :slight_smile:

Daniel

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.