Can we use elasticsearch queries in app search?

I have been working on a search system and was impressed by search ui that i gave app search a shot over Elasticsearch. Now I wanted to query data the way I would do for elasticsearch but kept getting key error. Are app search queries different from Elasticsearch?

This category relates to the Enterprise Search set of products - App Search, Site Search and Workplace Search.
If your question relates to core Elasticsearch functionality, please head over to the #elastic-stack:elasticsearch category for assistance.

PS - Please delete this text before posting your topic

1 Like

Hi ayushnvijay!

App Search has its own search API distinct from Elasticsearch. The Search API documentation page is a good place to start, but any of the reference pages that start with "Search API" (for instance Search API Facets) could be useful.

Also, it might be worth mentioning that you can use Search UI with Elasticsearch, although there is not yet a Search UI Connector for it. You can see an example in the Search UI Github repo.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.