Cancel after time interval clarification

To ensure a clear understanding of our global search configuration for a given cluster, I would like to clarify the following as written:

• The search.cancel_after_time_interval configures (at the data node level) the termination of a query after the specified time duration if a query has not fully completed; which will follow the directive of the search.low_level_cancellation default of true.

• The search.default_search_timeout configures (at the data node level) the maximum time to wait for a query to fully complete before returning a 408 request timeout to the coordinating node.

• The search.keep_alive_interval is the interval at which the coordinating node will send a TCP keep alive to a shard/data node while the search.default_keep_alive and search.max_keep_alive are configured at the data node level.

• The search.max_keep_alive global value overrides any keep alive setting that may be specified in a given query.

I appreciate any clarifications you can provide. The documentation is somewhat helpful, but I haven't found a lot of straight forward detail specific to the settings above. I'm making some assumptions and I prefer to clarify where possible.

Thank you.

Max

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.