Cannot copy file, the destination path is probably a directory and I attempted to write a file

kibana version: 6.2.3
When I run npm run release --force(release is a script under package.json: release: grunt release -v)

Cannot copy file, the destination path is probably a directory and I attempted to write a file. {:path=>"/etc/./
default/kibana", :staging=>"/tmp/package-dir-staging-90e75e0f4bacef21574c79a172d717a7c71a207d6a70959c4519fcc3657
6", :level=>:error, "method"=>"input"}  
Debian packaging tools generally labels all files in /etc as config files, as mandated by policy, so fpm default
s to this behavior for deb packages. You can disable this default behavior with --deb-no-default-config-files fl
ag {:level=>:warn}

As the error show above, it'll try to find a config file named /etc/default/kibana and it find this is a dir, instead of a file. But in fact , I cannot find a file/dir named kibana under /etc/default/.

How can I fix this without breaking kibana's config feature? Editting kibana source code is also acceptable.

Is it possible for you to post a full output of everything that happens when you run npm run release --force? I looked in the release script of our 6.2 branch but I didn't see anything that would trigger Debian packaging. There are Debian commands in another script but I'm not sure if that would be triggered.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.