Cannot create runtime fields

Hi there,
I am trying to create runtime fields via Kibana Gui and have no clue what is going on. I started on our test environment where everything is working. But my attempt to create a runtime field in productive environment fails.
Both run Kibana/Elasticsearch 8.12.2. Here are my steps:

• Go to "Stack Management"/"Data Views"
  • select a "Data View"
  • click "Add Field"
  • enter a "name" for the field (a preview is generated on the right side)
  • activate the slider for "set value"
  • start entering a painless script

Here is what differs between both environment. While on the first environemt as soon as I start to enter the script a type of intellisense helps me to code. The preview is filled with a label "Script error" as long as it is not correctly working. I see there is something "working behind the gui". Here is a screenshot:

On the second environment there is no response from the gui at all when editing the script. See another screenshot:

Pasting a working script from my test environment into this one will not generate a value for the runtime field at all.

Also hitting "Save" will work in the test environment (I will be prompted to fix the errors if there are errors, otherwise the field is created and the subwindow is closed), while in the productive environment hitting the save button will result in a endless loop where nothing happens and I have to hit "Cancel" to end this.
runtime_loop

I do not find any settings about runtime fields or painless script. Can someone help me on figuring this one out?
Thanks a lot!

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.