Cannot download csv file from kibana dashboard

I use 7.8.0 version and while downloading csv report from kibana dashboard it says cannot download your report at this moment. I have the proper user and user roles. Any reason!!?

What do the logs say ? Can you share more details- Kibana logs, screenshot, browser console errors , stack version etc. More information would be helpful

Thanks
Rashmi

No error in logs
Kibana dashboard just says cannot download your csv at this time or

As attached it just downloads a few bytes of data only field/cloumn name no actual data

it's possible you are running into the maximum file size for the CSV export: https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/kibana/current/reporting-settings-kb.html#reporting-csv-settings

You can configure it via a kibana.yml setting.

Yes even did that increased it to 30 but no use

I had it read in a previous post we cant increase to 1gb or 2 gb else kibana will give performance issues

cc @timroes any more inputs here?

Thanks
Rashmi

I'll call in the council of Tims here, and forward to @tsullivan: Are we aware of any CSV export issues, that cause in the described behavior, where only the header line is in the CSV but no data?

Can u also suggest the what can be the maximum value of xpack.reporting.csv.maxSizeBytes

We use RHEL 7 any extra packages needs to be install?

Hi, no extra packages are required in Linux in order to generate the CSV.

Maybe you are experiencing this issue? [Reporting] Saved search exports an empty csv if an end time in the future is selected. · Issue #69636 · elastic/kibana · GitHub

If that is not the reason, can you provide your kibana.yml file contents? Please remove any sensitive information :slight_smile:

This depends on how much RAM is available to the Kibana server.

See documentation about controlling the memory size in Kibana: Use Kibana in a production environment | Kibana Guide [8.11] | Elastic

The more RAM available, the higher you will be able to set the csv.maxSizeBytes config.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.