Cannot get cross-cluster search to work

Hi,
I just downloaded and installed ES 5.4.2 on my Windows 10 machine to try the cross-cluster search feature. Unfortunately I cannot seem to get it working. Whenever I try to send a query to the "remote" cluster (post /cluster_one:index1/Person/_search) I get back this:

{
"error": {
"root_cause": [],
"type": "search_phase_execution_exception",
"reason": "all shards failed",
"phase": "query",
"grouped": true,
"failed_shards": []
},
"status": 503
}

My second ES never receives the query and nothing gets logged. I instead see logs from the first ES and it seems it is not recognizing

My setup: I have 2 instances of ES running on the same machine. The first (which I refer to as 'local') uses ports http:9400 and tcp:9500. The second ('cluster_one') is setup to use http:9600 and tcp:9700. Both instances work great and they respond using 127.0.0.1, localhost or the name of the machine itself.

I setup the "link" to the second instance from the first, using almost the same JSON in the documentation. The latest version of my JSON is this:

PUT _cluster/settings
{
"persistent": {
"search": {
"remote": {
"cluster_one": {
"seeds": [
"127.0.0.1:9700"
]
}
}
}
}
}

get _cluster/settings returns this:
{
"seeds": [
"127.0.0.1:9700"
]
}
}
}
},
"transient": {}
}

I then tried to search by using this JSON:

post /cluster_one:index1/Person/_search
{
"query": {
"match_all": {}
}
}

but ES returns the error I pasted at the beginning.
The query works just fine on the second ES instance (e.g. post /index1/Person/_search) directly.

Interesting things I noticed:
-If I add a setting to link ES-1 to itself (like in the docs) and I try to query it, everything works. What doesn't work is accessing a different cluster.
-I tried to change the settings setting 'seeds' to 'null' but that doesn't work. I finally managed to remove the setting using this (notice '[null]', instead of 'null'):

PUT _cluster/settings
{
"seeds": [null]
}
}
}
}
}

I am fairly stuck right now and don't know how to proceed.
I hope I provided enough information.

Thanks,
Alessandro

Anybody?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.