Cannot install shield plugin in elasticsearch

Hi,

I am trying to install shield 2.4.0 plugin in elasticsearch. But I am receiving the following error

root@ip-x-x-x-x:/usr/share/elasticsearch/bin# ./plugin install shield
-> Installing shield...
Trying https://download.elastic.co/elasticsearch/release/org/elasticsearch/plugin/shield/2.4.0/shield-2.4.0.zip ...
ERROR: failed to download out of all possible locations..., use --verbose to get detailed information

I even tried to manually install the plugin but still my getting the following error

root@ip-x-x-x-x:/usr/share/elasticsearch/bin# ./plugin install file:/usr/share/elasticsearch/shield-2.4.0.zip
-> Installing from file:/usr/share/elasticsearch/shield-2.4.0.zip...
Trying file:/usr/share/elasticsearch/shield-2.4.0.zip ...
Downloading .......................DONE
Verifying file:/usr/share/elasticsearch/shield-2.4.0.zip checksums if available ...
NOTE: Unable to verify checksum for downloaded plugin (unable to find .sha1 or .md5 file to verify)
ERROR: Could not load plugin descriptor for existing plugin [automaton-1.11-8.jar]. Was the plugin built before 2.0?

It looks like you may have extra jar files in your plugin directory. Can you list the files in that directory?

Hi Jay,

Other than automaton-1.11-8.jar , there is another jar file shield-2.4.0.jar

Hi,

This is the output of ./plugin list

Installed plugins in /usr/share/elasticsearch/plugins:
- automaton-1.11-8.jar
- unboundid-ldapsdk-2.3.8.jar
- shield-2.4.0.jar
- bin
- plugin-security.policy
- LICENSE.txt
- NOTICE.txt
- config
- plugin-descriptor.properties

Did you try to just unzip the plugin in that directory or something? I suggest cleaning out the plugins directory and using the installer to install the plugin.