Cannot restore index [.ds-.logs-deprecation.elasticsearch-default

Hi,

Does someone know if .ds-.logs-deprecation.elasticsearch-default index can be deleted or can it be disabled on the configuration? I'm encountering the error below while restoring my cluster.

{"error":{"root_cause":[{"type":"snapshot_restore_exception","reason":"[backup_01:snapshot_01/fJ3sKom6T6-H1Km2qVBUVw] cannot restore index [.ds-.logs-deprecation.elasticsearch-default-2022.10.18-000001] because an open index with same name already exists in the cluster. Either close or delete the existing index or restore the index under a different name by providing a rename pattern and replacement name"}],"type":"snapshot_restore_exception","reason":"[backup_01:snapshot_01/fJ3sKom6T6-H1Km2qVBUVw] cannot restore index [.ds-.logs-deprecation.elasticsearch-default-2022.10.18-000001] because an open index with same name already exists in the cluster. Either close or delete the existing index or restore the index under a different name by providing a rename pattern and replacemGET 'localhost:9200/_cat/indices?v' health status index uuid pri rep docs.count docs.deleted store.size pri.store.size

It's there to log deprecations, as the name suggests.

I wouldn't restore another version over this one, so can you exclude it?

Hi,

I'm restoring the entire cluster using this:

curl -X POST "localhost:9200/_snapshot/backup_01/snapshot_01/_restore?pretty" -H 'Content-Type: application/json' -d'
{
"indices": "*",
"include_global_state": true
}
'

Is there a way where I can restore the entire cluster and exclude the .ds-.logs-deprecation.elasticsearch-default?

I would try "indices": "-.ds-.logs-deprecation.elasticsearch-default, *".

Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.