DELETED INDEXES UNABLE TO RESTORE USING SNAPSHOT BACKUP AND RESTORE

ERROR

[backup_repo:test-snapshot-2022.02.11-kxyy8jd4sumangv5kozy3q/9uLE7UaUQamgAH9pYbKAAA] cannot restore index [.siem-signals-default-000001] because an open index with same name already exists in the cluster. Either close or delete the existing index or restore the index under a different name by providing a rename pattern and replacement name

Please don't use all caps in topic titles :slight_smile:

You'll also need to share more than an error to get assistance here. What are you doing? How are you doing it? What is the full error?

Sorry for use caps letter for topic title. :slightly_smiling_face:

i had take snapshot at 15-feb and today restoration successfully. Sorry for trouble.

I have one doubt while restoring the snapshot.

I have require only specific index restore from a snapshot and current index also require it wan't be delete, it is possible? if possible can you provide documentation or link.

Yes. Start from Restore a snapshot | Elasticsearch Guide [8.0] | Elastic

Thanks for provide the link.

we have tried to restore specific index using index rename and restore command using dev tools option and we are getting restoration output is true but restored indexes are not showing in all index data.

Please help how can we restore specific index.

You need to share exactly what you are doing, what the responses from Elasticsearch are, and what else you are seeing.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.