Canvas - Unexpected error from Elasticsearch: [illegal_argument_exception] Illegal Capacity: -2

Hi,

This is w.r.t an error observed in Canvas dashboard containing a elsql. We are getting below error:
Unexpected error from Elasticsearch: [illegal_argument_exception] Illegal Capacity: -2
Please note that the index mentioned in the elsql has data in it.

Query is:
SELECT status,count() as CNT FROM "prd-gst-bg-jobs"
where created_ts > TODAY() and job_type_id NOT IN (16,27) group by status

Error is:

Hi,

Any help would be appreciable.

@abdulsofts

• What ES version is this?
  • Also, if you run the same query outside Canvas (using the REST API is one example), I am assuming you get the same error, but do you also get a more complete error message in Elasticsearch logs? (I'm interested in the stack trace especially)
  • prd-gst-bg-jobs is an alias or an index?

Hi Andrei Stefan,

Thank you for your response.

ES version is 7.2.
I think there are no related logs for this. Anyways, I will check again and post the logs if I find any.
prd-gst-bg-jobs is the alias of index with which the query was working earlier and this issue was observed recently.

@abdulsofts can you be more specific on the version of ES? There isn't one single 7.2 version.

Also, a similar looking bug has been fixed for 7.2.2 version. So, it's important to know the exact version. If you are using a version earlier than 7.2.2, can you upgrade and test this again? Thanks.

Hi,

Our elastic search version is 7.2.0.

{
"name" : "<host_name>",
"cluster_name" : "logging-prod",
"cluster_uuid" : "<cluster_uuid>",
"version" : {
"number" : "7.2.0",
"build_flavor" : "default",
"build_type" : "deb",
"build_hash" : "508c38a",
"build_date" : "2019-06-20T15:54:18.811730Z",
"build_snapshot" : false,
"lucene_version" : "8.0.0",
"minimum_wire_compatibility_version" : "6.8.0",
"minimum_index_compatibility_version" : "6.0.0-beta1"
},
"tagline" : "You Know, for Search"
}

@abdulsofts then I recommend upgrading to at least version 7.2.2 as there are high changes the bug is fixed there.

Thank you so much for your inputs.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.