Certain Indexes Unavailable After Upgrading ES & Kibana

I recently upgraded from Kibana from 4.6.1 to 5.1.1 and Elasticsearch from 2.4.1 to 5.1.1. While most-everything is working great, a couple indices are not available. I'll use my Logstash daily index as an example;

My daily logstash index is currently indexing;

However, when I attempt to access the index via Kibana, it just hangs and never presents anything with regards to the logstash index. Same when attempting to view the fields on the index;

Additionally, when I attempt to add a new index, Kibana returns a '500' error;

Error in Kibana:

{"type":"error","@timestamp":"2017-01-06T22:49:21Z","tags":[],"pid":29361,"level":"error","message":"[array_index_out_of_bounds_exception] null","error":{"message":"[array_index_out_of_bounds_exception] null","name":"Error","stack":"[array_index_out_of_bounds_exception] null :: {\"path\":\"/logstash-*/_field_stats\",\"query\":{\"fields\":\"*\",\"allow_no_indices\":false},\"statusCode\":500,\"response\":\"{\\\"error\\\":{\\\"root_cause\\\":[{\\\"type\\\":\\\"array_index_out_of_bounds_exception\\\",\\\"reason\\\":null}],\\\"type\\\":\\\"array_index_out_of_bounds_exception\\\",\\\"reason\\\":null},\\\"status\\\":500}\"}\n    at respond (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/elasticsearch/src/lib/transport.js:289:15)\n    at checkRespForFailure (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/elasticsearch/src/lib/transport.js:248:7)\n    at HttpConnector.<anonymous> (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/elasticsearch/src/lib/connectors/http.js:164:7)\n    at IncomingMessage.wrapper (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/elasticsearch/node_modules/lodash/lodash.js:4994:19)\n    at emitNone (events.js:91:20)\n    at IncomingMessage.emit (events.js:185:7)\n    at endReadableNT (_stream_readable.js:974:12)\n    at _combinedTickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:74:11)\n    at process._tickDomainCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:122:9)"},"url":{"protocol":null,"slashes":null,"auth":null,"host":null,"port":null,"hostname":null,"hash":null,"search":"","query":{},"pathname":"/api/kibana/logstash-*/field_capabilities","path":"/api/kibana/logstash-*/field_capabilities","href":"/api/kibana/logstash-*/field_capabilities"}}

Error in ES:

[2017-01-06T16:50:39,237][WARN ][r.suppressed             ] path: /logstash-*/_field_stats, params: {allow_no_indices=false, index=logstash-*, fields=*}
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: null

I've tried this with two different nodes running Kibana and pointed to the same stack. I'm getting the same error..

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.