Change elasticsearch threadpool index queue_size

Hi everyone,

I would like to ask if I can modify the index queue_size from 200 to 1000 using API calls.

"index": {
"type": "fixed",
"min": 2,
"max": 2,
"queue_size": 200
}

Thanks

No you cannot, they are a static setting.

Also, why do you want to do this?

I'm currently doing some load testing and I encountered this error

{"error":{"root_cause":[{"type":"es_rejected_execution_exception","reason":"rejected execution of org.elasticsearch.transport.TransportService$4@7868ca6f on EsThreadPoolExecutor[index, queue capacity = 200, org.elasticsearch.common.util.concurrent.EsThreadPoolExecutor@7f817344[Running, pool size = 1, active threads = 1, queued tasks = 203, completed tasks = 668181]]"}],"type":"es_rejected_execution_exception","reason":"rejected execution of org.elasticsearch.transport.TransportService$4@7868ca6f on EsThreadPoolExecutor[index, queue capacity = 200, org.elasticsearch.common.util.concurrent.EsThreadPoolExecutor@7f817344[Running, pool size = 1, active threads = 1, queued tasks = 203, completed tasks = 668181]]"},"status":429}

Any thoughts on how I can fix this?

The best thing I can do is point you to this post - Any idea what these errors mean version 2.4.2

I've read the thread on the link you sent.
The other one suggested to try bulk instead

May i know how I can implement in bulk?

https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/2.4/modules-threadpool.html

Modifying the indexing queue size generally just makes the problem worse as more data need to be held in memory. It sounds like you are overwhelming the cluster. What is the specification of your cluster and how much data are you throwing at it concurrently? How many shards are you actively indexing into?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.