Changing role of a pod node

Hi
I have a cluster with 5 master nodes and 10 data nodes deployed on GKE using the stable helm charts. Version is 7.2.0. When i setup the cluster initially i had 5 nodes which had alll the roles
master,data and ingest.
What we are seeing is the cluster is ingesting/indexing data pretty slow, we see this frequently in logstash

Attempted to send a bulk request to elasticsearch' but Elasticsearch appears to be unreachable or down! {:error_message=>"Elasticsearch Unreachable: [https://logstash_internal:xxxxxx@172.20.241.200:9200/][Manticore::SocketException] Connection reset", :class=>"LogStash::Outputs::ElasticSearch::HttpClient::Pool::HostUnreachableError", :will_retry_in_seconds=>2}

I have two questions

1. I wanted to update the statefulset for the master nodes to only master role, will the data on the master nodes automatically get rebalanced to other data nodes
  2. The service created in gke can it include both master and data nodes or only has to be master nodes.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.