Check elasticsearch cluster health without authentication when security feature is enable

I want to set up elasticsearch cluster automatically with ansible. Reset built-in users password with elasticsearch-setup-password after cluster is up. There is a readiness probe to check if cluster is up and ready. But I could not check cluster status before reset password for built-in user according to api authentication. Tried to pass ELASTIC_PASSWORD environment, but it didn't work. I use kubernetes to deploy elasticsearch. So how to achieve this?

elasticsearch version: 7.2

elasticsearch-setup-passwords is not really meant to be used in scripting or from a configuration management system. In your case I would suggest that

How did you try it and how didn't it work ? :slight_smile:

See our docs on how to pass ELASTIC_PASSWORD correctly: Encrypting communications in an Elasticsearch Docker Container | Elasticsearch Guide [8.11] | Elastic . Once this is configured, you can set the passwords for all the built in users using the change passwords API

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.