Clarification on Elasticsearch support for some settings

In the breaking changes section in ElasticSearch documentation for 6.3 but under 6.0 it's stated:

indices.store.throttle.type and indices.store.throttle.max_bytes_per_sec cluster settings and the index.store.throttle.type and index.store.throttle.max_bytes_per_sec index settings are not recognized anymore.

indices.store.throttle.type and indices.store.throttle.max_bytes_per_sec cluster settings and the index.store.throttle.type and index.store.throttle.max_bytes_per_sec index settings are not recognized anymore.

It's logical to assume these are not recognized in 6.2 as well, is it true? I could not find them in 6.0 documentation if not the case so please clarify.

Yes. Storage throttling was removed before 6.0 was released and does not exist in 6.0 or any later version.

Thanks. I am only getting 60 to 70 MBps on SSDs seem too low. Any thoughts. Should I change the default Linux disk scheduler cfq to deadline or noop as I read cfq was done for disks. I am using RHEL 3.10.0-693.5.2.el7.x86_64. Does this version have the right scheduler for SSD or should I change?

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.