Cleanup after windows .msi installation

Dear experts,
I had installed ES 7.6.0 via the .msi package. I have removed it using "Add/remove programs". Now I am left with all setting left in C:\ProgramData\Elastic\Elasticsearch and two dynamic environmental variables set:

ES_HOME=C:\Program Files\Elastic\Elasticsearch\7.6.0\
ES_PATH_CONF=C:\ProgramData\Elastic\Elasticsearch\config

So now every time when I want to start a new node I have to do:

set ES_HOME=
set ES_PATH_CONF=
bin\elasticsearch.bat

Any idea why the msi uninstallation package left this mess after itself? How can I find out where these variables are currently being set so I can remove it?

Uninstallation of the MSI leaves data, config and logs directories in ProgramData. If you're happy to lose this data, then you can delete the C:\ProgramData\Elastic\Elasticsearchdirectory.

This shouldn't be the case, the MSI is configured to remove those two environment variables on uninstall:

See Environment table documentation. Since they are system environment variables, their removal may not be reflected in existing console/terminal processes without refeshing the environment variables, but they should not exist if checked in a new console/terminal.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.