Cloudwatch log group stream using logstash to ES

Hi

I'm using logstash-7.14.0-1.x86_64 version and would like to stream cloudwatch loggroup to ES. When I'm trying to use plugin bin/logstash-plugin install logstash-input-cloudwatch it doesn't seems to work for log group.

[2021-08-13T15:00:49,553][ERROR][logstash.inputs.cloudwatch] Unknown setting 'log_group' for cloudwatch
[2021-08-13T15:00:49,555][ERROR][logstash.inputs.cloudwatch] Unknown setting 'log_group_prefix' for cloudwatch
[2021-08-13T15:00:49,562][ERROR][logstash.agent           ] Failed to execute action {:action=>LogStash::PipelineAction::Create/pipeline_id:sample, :exception=>"Java::JavaLang::IllegalStateException", :message=>"Unable to configure plugins: (ConfigurationError) Something is wrong with your configuration.", :backtrace=>["org.logstash.config.ir.CompiledPipeline.<init>(CompiledPipeline.java:119)", "org.logstash.execution.JavaBasePipelineExt.initialize(JavaBasePipelineExt.java:86)", "org.logstash.execution.JavaBasePipelineExt$INVOKER$i$1$0$initialize.call(JavaBasePipelineExt$INVOKER$i$1$0$initialize.gen)", "org.jruby.internal.runtime.methods.JavaMethod$JavaMethodN.call(JavaMethod.java:837)", "org.jruby.ir.runtime.IRRuntimeHelpers.instanceSuper(IRRuntimeHelpers.java:1169)", "org.jruby.ir.instructions.InstanceSuperInstr.interpret(InstanceSuperInstr.java:84)", "org.jruby.ir.interpreter.InterpreterEngine.processCall(InterpreterEngine.java:361)", "org.jruby.ir.interpreter.StartupInterpreterEngine.interpret(StartupInterpreterEngine.java:72)", "org.jruby.internal.runtime.methods.MixedModeIRMethod.INTERPRET_METHOD(MixedModeIRMethod.java:86)", "org.jruby.internal.runtime.methods.MixedModeIRMethod.call(MixedModeIRMethod.java:73)", "org.jruby.runtime.callsite.CachingCallSite.call(CachingCallSite.java:85)", "org.jruby.RubyClass.newInstance(RubyClass.java:939)", "org.jruby.RubyClass$INVOKER$i$newInstance.call(RubyClass$INVOKER$i$newInstance.gen)", "org.jruby.runtime.callsite.CachingCallSite.call(CachingCallSite.java:85)", "org.jruby.ir.instructions.CallBase.interpret(CallBase.java:549)", "org.jruby.ir.interpreter.InterpreterEngine.processCall(InterpreterEngine.java:361)", "org.jruby.ir.interpreter.StartupInterpreterEngine.interpret(StartupInterpreterEngine.java:72)", "org.jruby.internal.runtime.methods.MixedModeIRMethod.INTERPRET_METHOD(MixedModeIRMethod.java:86)", "org.jruby.internal.runtime.methods.MixedModeIRMethod.call(MixedModeIRMethod.java:73)", "org.jruby.ir.targets.InvokeSite.invoke(InvokeSite.java:207)", "usr.share.logstash.logstash_minus_core.lib.logstash.agent.RUBY$block$converge_state$2(/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/agent.rb:391)", "org.jruby.runtime.CompiledIRBlockBody.callDirect(CompiledIRBlockBody.java:138)", "org.jruby.runtime.IRBlockBody.call(IRBlockBody.java:58)", "org.jruby.runtime.IRBlockBody.call(IRBlockBody.java:52)", "org.jruby.runtime.Block.call(Block.java:139)", "org.jruby.RubyProc.call(RubyProc.java:318)", "org.jruby.internal.runtime.RubyRunnable.run(RubyRunnable.java:105)", "java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:829)"]}
[2021-08-13T15:00:49,568][ERROR][logstash.agent           ] An exception happened when converging configuration {:exception=>LogStash::Error, :message=>"Don't know how to handle `Java::JavaLang::IllegalStateException` for `PipelineAction::Create<sample>`"}

My configuration looks like

input{
  cloudwatch {
    log_group_prefix => true
    log_group => ["/ec2/custom/new"]
    region => "ap-xxxx-x"
  }
}
filter {
  json {
    source => "message"
  }
  mutate {
    add_field => { "read_timestamp" => "%{@timestamp}" }
  }
}
output {
  stdout {
    codec => rubydebug
  }
}

You appear to be confusing the cloudwatch input with the cloudwatch_logs input.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.