Cluster issue

Hi ,

I have two nodes in my cluster , but while starting both nodes , they are not joining cluster but running independently .

Please let know what could be the issue ?

If both are master-eligible, do you have minimum_master_nodes set to 2?

no i changed it to 1 . then after also it is not joining cluster .

my question is they should join cluster either both as master or 1 master and 1 slave . But same is not happening .

Also my two nodes are in SAME LAN but still there is no communication .

If you have a cluster with 2 or 3 master-eligible nodes, minimum_master_nodes should be set to 2, not 1. Change this and try again. You may also want to read this for further details of why this is the correct setting.

It is up to us that we can set the count of master eligible nodes .
so i just want 1 master eligible node .
minimum_master_nodes=1 , it is just a 2 node cluster and i only want one master then one who starts first would become master and other would be slave .

please correct me if i am wrong here . also let know what all details i need to provide .

If only one of the two nodes is master eligible, you can safely set it to 1.

If both nodes however are master eligible, you can end up with a split brain scenario if you set it to 1, which seems to be what happened in your case. When you set it to 2, it means that both nodes need to be present in order to elect a master. If you want the cluster to be able to continue operating fully even if a node goes down, you therefore need a minimum of 3 master eligible nodes in the cluster.

This is explained in the docs I linked to.

OKay , i will check with above suggestions .

can you please help on below ?

[2017-12-18T09:41:12,340][INFO ][o.e.n.Node ] [SBIT-NODE-test] starting ...
[2017-12-18T09:41:12,474][INFO ][o.e.t.TransportService ] [SBIT-NODE-test] publish_address {local_host}, bound_addresses {local_host}
[2017-12-18T09:41:12,566][INFO ][o.e.b.BootstrapChecks ] [SBIT-NODE-test] bound or publishing to a non-loopback or non-link-local address, enforcing bootstrap checks
[2017-12-18T09:41:12,570][ERROR][o.e.b.Bootstrap ] [SBIT-NODE-test] node validation exception
[1] bootstrap checks failed
[1]: max file descriptors [16384] for elasticsearch process is too low, increase to at least [65536]
[2017-12-18T09:41:12,573][INFO ][o.e.n.Node ] [SBIT-NODE-test] stopping ...
[2017-12-18T09:41:12,592][INFO ][o.e.n.Node ] [SBIT-NODE-test] stopped
[2017-12-18T09:41:12,592][INFO ][o.e.n.Node ] [SBIT-NODE-test] closing ...
[2017-12-18T09:41:12,602][INFO ][o.e.n.Node ] [SBIT-NODE-test] closed

i am getting above issue while starting node .

You can read about bootstrap check and how to address them here.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.