Cluster runs out of memory and service stops during re-index

I use elasticsearch as our document content engine with HPE Content Manager. When I reindex my dataset the elasticservice stops due to bulkloader transactions timing out with the service. The memory reaches its threshhold. This has been happening on a physical server with 16GB of ram. I tried a trial of elastic service (cloud) and had the same probably with 30GB of ram.
My question is how can I reduce the memory pressure in my cluster? Can this be done by altering the mapping of my index?

I also have this issue so am interested in any answer.

In my case I have pinpointed a single document which it is trying to index. (The URI of the record in trouble can become clear if you watch the re-index process) I am doing a full re-index bit by bit and so far only the single document has caused this issue. I am nearly finished. Therefore I conclude that the structure of the document content is somehow problematical to Elasticsearch. It's a spreadsheet containing many rows of unique data but it's only 63Kb.

Welcome :slight_smile:

Can you share any logs or errors?
What version of Elasticsearch?
How are you starting the reindex?

Welcome!

It'd be better if you could create your own thread for this question :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.