Collector timeouts and high CPU utilization after installing X-Pack

I have installed X-Pack to Kibana, LogStash and Elasticsearch and generally it working fine (all version 6.0). However, i do have some issues in elasticseach.

When looking in the logs i get a lot of these errors:

[2017-11-22T09:59:49,403][ERROR][o.e.x.m.c.i.IndexStatsCollector] [COOPMSV2001] collector [index-stats] timed out when collecting data
[2017-11-22T09:59:59,418][ERROR][o.e.x.m.c.n.NodeStatsCollector] [COOPMSV2001] collector [node_stats] timed out when collecting data
[2017-11-22T10:00:09,434][ERROR][o.e.x.m.c.c.ClusterStatsCollector] [COOPMSV2001] collector [cluster_stats] timed out when collecting data

Also, when looking at CPU utilization, elasticsearch has a contant high CPU load of 25-50%. This occurs with LogStash and Kibana stopped and no other activity on the server; basically idling.

I have a single node running both elasticsearch and logstash and another node running kibana.

I moved this to X-Pack, cause the Elasticsearch team that works on it hangs out in there :slight_smile:

Thank you @warkolm :smile:

No updates on this? Right now monitoring is disabled and it would be nice to be able to enable it again.

I'll pump this one more time. Can it really be that no one has any input or suggestions?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.