Compatibility .Net client and newer version of ElasticSearch

Hi,

I am currently using ElasticSearch 2.3.x and NEST client v2.5.2.

I want to upgrade to ElasticSearch 7.x and therefore upgrade NEST.
Unfortunately, my projects are currently targeting the .NET Framework 4.5.2 (and I can not upgrade for an upper version for the moment) and the most updated versions of NEST (v6.3 to v6.8) are targeting .NET Framework 4.6.

I am thinking about using NEST v6.2 until I can upgrade the .NET Framework, will it be fully compatible with ElasticSearch v7.x ?

Thanks

No, NEST 6.x is not compatible with Elasticsearch 7.x, you must use NEST 7.x with Elasticsearch 7.x.

NEST 7.0.0 was released a few days ago with support for .NET 4.6.1, so if you can't move to a framework version that supports NetStandard 2.0 (minimum .NET 4.7.2 or higher is recommended for .NET framework), this is the minimum that you would need to upgrade to.

I would strongly recommend upgrading from .NET 4.5.2 as soon as you can, if you can. Whilst technically still supported by Microsoft at this time, it's now over 5 years old and superseded by several minor and patch versions.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.