Conditional visualisation is case that 0 docs are returned

Hello All,
I have many situations where I want to show some values but 0 docs are returned.
In such a case, the visualisation is empty. It is not clear just by looking at the dashboards if this is OK or there is a bug (data, network connectivity, permissions, etc.)
Is there a way to show something instead else of a blank visualisation/default text?
i.e
if(number or docs = 0)
show visualisation X
else
show visualisation Y

Cheers!!

There isn't a way to have conditional visualization loading in a dashboard.

It is not clear just by looking at the dashboards if this is OK or there is a bug (data, network connectivity, permissions, etc.)

I'm not sure what kind of visualizations you have, but it might be useful to avoid that confusion if there are additional visualizations, or the visualizations have an additional data series to compare the latest data with "yesterday" or "last hour" etc.

Just a thought: hope it helps.

Hi @tsullivan
Thanks for the reply.
Yes, I have thought about those workarounds, but it confuses the users. Some of the users are not technical and any redundant/extra visualisation will just confuse them.

I really am after some indication that will show me and the users that there is nothing wrong with the dashboards in case there is no data to show.

Cheers!

Hm, well one way to add contextual information to the dashboard is to add a Markdown visualization with a helpful explanation written. Not sure if that would work for your case, but users might just need to see the message saying it's normal for there to be times when visualizations have no data to show.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.