Config File doesn't work

Good evening.

I'm trying to run Logstash for the first time. I already downloaded and runned with success ElasticSearch and Kibana.

I created the config file named "logstash-simple.conf" following the istructions on the official tutorial of Logstash, but when i open the prompt command and i try to launch the string "...bin>logstash -f logstash-simple.conf" i obtain the following messages:

"No config files found in path {:path=>"C:/Users/Valerio/Desktop/work/Logstash/logstash-7.12.1/bin/logstash-simple.conf"}"

and

"Logstash stopped beacuse of an error (SystemExit). "

I specify that my logstash-simple.conf file is positioned in the "bin" directory of Logstash, and the content of that file is exactly the same of the tutorial:

input { stdin { } }
output {
elasticsearch { hosts => ["localhost:9200"] }
stdout { codec => rubydebug }
}

How can i solve my problem?
Thank you.

Welcome to our community! :smiley:

Please don't post pictures of text, they are difficult to read, impossible to search and replicate (if it's code), and some people may not be even able to see them :slight_smile:

1 Like

Either that file does not exist or logstash does not have permissions to read it.

Good morning.

The file is stored in the following path: C:\Users\Valerio\Desktop\work\Logstash\logstash-7.12.1\bin

In particular, i launch the file using the following command:

C:\Users\Valerio\Desktop\work\Logstash\logstash-7.12.1\bin>logstash -f logstash-simple.conf

so the config file should exist. What permission may Logstash need to read it?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.