Configure NFS for backups

Hi,

I'm trying out ECE and I'd like to setup an NFS repository for my cluster backups as I don't have S3 compatible storage available. How do I go about doing this i.e. how do i mount my NFS share on my nodes?

Thanks,

Aaron

Hi Aaron,

ECE only supports S3 repositories at the moment.

Greg

Hi Greg,

I understood that ECE only supported S3 repositories for automated backups, but that you could still use custom repositories for a cluster in ECE. Have I misunderstood?

Elasticsearch itself supports multiple types of repositories, such as AWS S3, Google Cloud Storage or even shared file systems. As of this article, Elastic Cloud Enterprise only supports automated snapshots to S3-compatible storage. Google Cloud Storage and Microsoft Azure Storage are planned for the next releases. This limitation doesn’t apply to custom repositories which you add to cluster directly via the snapshot and restore API.

Do you have any idea if/when NFS repositories will be supported in ECE?

Thanks,

Aaron

Hi Aaron,

Apologies, the blog post is a bit misleading -- which we'll correct. That statement applies to blob storage repositories (Azure, GCP, etc...).

File system repositories on the other hand are not yet possible. It's on the radar, but there are no concrete plans to add support as of now.

Greg

1 Like

Thanks for clarifying.

Aaron

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.