Confluence connector: non-existant permissions

I'm trying to connect confluence to Workplace search but it seems that the permissions do not match the available permissions for the confluence API.

I added "similar" permissions but receive the following error:

add the following scopes to the *Confluence API* : search:confluence, read:confluence-props, read:confluence-space.summary, read:confluence-content.summary, read:confluence-content.all, read:confluence-user, readonly:content.attachment:confluence.

When I try to add search:confluence (for example) it is not in the list of available permissions.

Is this a bug?

It seems that the scopes are deprecated.

@Robin_Vanderschueren This is odd. In the Atlassian Dev Community post you linked, I didn't see anything specifically saying they were removing search:confluence. Did I miss something? I do see that it is still listed on their official documentation of Confluence OAuth2 scopes:

search:confluence

Search Confluence content and space summaries

Search Confluence. Note, APIs using this scope may also return data allowed by read:confluence-space.summary and read:confluence-content.summary. However, this scope is not a substitute for read:confluence-space.summary or read:confluence-content.summary.

if this is not showing up for you, I'd suggest that you first file a support request with Atlassian, as, from what I'm reading, it's still the expected and documented behavior to use search:confluence. However, we've definitely had a few instances this year with Atlassian making sudden changes underneath us, so if they respond by removing this from their documentation, we will make a corresponding bugfix.

Thanks for the quick response @Sean_Story I'm checking with them now.

I've looked into it and the deprecated scopes are not available anymore. Where can I request this to be updated with Elastic Workspace Search?

This of course makes implementing the confluence connection impossible for new clients.

:frowning_face: Yep. I'm sorry you're hitting this. I hope you express to Atlassian how impactful this is to your time and efforts.

I've gotten it filed, and our team will be taking a look as soon as we can. Unfortunately, unless Atlassian rolls back this breaking change, you will be blocked until we can release a fix. In the mean time, we have added this as a Known Issue, and we've also filed a support ticket with Atlassian.

Oh, and thank you for reporting this. I regret that you had to encounter this issue, but we do appreciate your report of the issue.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.