Connecting to S3 Unable to execute HTTP request: PKIX path building failed

Dear team,

I have imported certificate for the S3 custom bucket to the java cacerts.
But still got a following issue on verifying repository:

{
  "error": {
    "root_cause": [
      {
        "type": "repository_verification_exception",
        "reason": "[repository_backup_fat_at_202011] path  is not accessible on master node"
      }
    ],
    "type": "repository_verification_exception",
    "reason": "[repository_backup_fat_at_202011] path  is not accessible on master node",
    "caused_by": {
      "type": "i_o_exception",
      "reason": "Unable to upload object [tests-fj0Fso5-QoKonfCk3kiNnQ/master.dat] using a single upload",
        "type": "sdk_client_exception",
        "reason": "sdk_client_exception: Unable to execute HTTP request: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target",
          "type": "i_o_exception",
          "reason": "PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target",
            "type": "validator_exception",
            "reason": "validator_exception: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target",
              "type": "sun_cert_path_builder_exception",
              "reason": "sun_cert_path_builder_exception: unable to find valid certification path to requested target"
            }
          }
        }
      }
    }
  },
  "status": 500
}

Any hints what to check? I checked JAVA_HOME is set correctly when ELS starts and also listed content of the cacerts, all seems fine.

Okay, I found the issue.

Try to check all cacerts installation directories:
elasticsearch]$ find /* -name cacerts

/app/global/java/lib/security/cacerts

/app/global/java/bin/cacerts

/app/global/java/jre/lib/security/cacerts

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.