I intend to deploy a cluster with X-pack consisting of:
- eligible master-data node 1: 32 Gb RAM, 16 core cpu, SSD 1Tb
- eligible master-data node 2: 32 Gb RAM, 16 core cpu, SSD 1Tb
The EPS is approximately 2500 for 250 log sources and the retention rate is 1 month. I calculated I would have 40 indices per month. I have some questions:
- Is this resource suitable with the dimension provided above?
- I also have a machine installed only Kibana with X-pack, so is this possible for Kibana connect back to Elasticsearch cluster ? And Is X-pack charged for 2 nodes or 3 three nodes (including this Kibana machine without Elasticsearch) ?
- Beside 2 nodes, I want to build a storage server HDD 10Tb which is responsible for backing up the snapshot of old indices. Is this possible with Curator transfering data like FTP? (No elasticsearch installed)
Thanks so much