I want to set up a cluster and I have these scenarios:
- I'm using ES, Kibana, filebeat(for logs) [basic license], a custom project instead of logstash
- Index heavy data, Not very frequent querying
- Monthly index with about 8GB data and 30M documents per month.
- Availability is not a priority, but (naturally) I can't afford any data loss.
- Indices are in the hot phase for one month, warm phase 6 months, and after that indices should stay in the cold phase for two years.
currently I setup my cluster in VM with a single node.
120 GB hard disk, 8 GB RAM, and 8 core CPU, and it's performance is reasonable but I feel like it's not a good setup.
I saw the webinar on sizing and capacity planning,
but I'm still can't figure out what is the best setup for my scenario?
Any answer other than "it depends" would be appreciated