Convert nanocore to percentage

Is there any way to convert "kubernetes.container.memory.usage" from nanocore to percentage? or any term little bigger than nanocore?

Need to convert this from nanocore to percentage?

Thanks,
Kanthi.

Elasticsearch and metricbeat - getting graf for Kubernetes Container CPU usage
(Carlos Pérez Aradros) #2

Hi @kanthimathi,

I understand you are talking about cpu (not memory), isn't it? In that case, what percentage are you interested on, % of the node CPU, % the limit for that Pod or something else?

Best regards

@exekias sorry, My bad. I was talking about kubernetes.container.CPU.limit.nanocores, Kubernetes.container.cpu.request.nanocore and kubernetes.container.cpu.usage.nanocore. Is there any way to convert it to percentage? or any terms higher than nanocore?

I just find an option here. But not sure how to convert and if this the right option to proceed too

(Carlos Pérez Aradros) #4

You can use bucket script aggregation to calculate the % from kubernetes.container.cpu.usage.nanocore / kubernetes.container.cpu.limit.nanocores.

I'm currently working on calculating this metric from Metricbeat, to make graphing easier for this case.

@exekias Can you please tell what is wrong with this? I tried the aggregation filter with both sum and max. But getting an output

The request for this panel failed. series_arithmetic script for reducer [9530aef0-0213-11e8-b222-4d1e40745993] must return a Number

I tried using gauge.

Thanks,
Kanthi.

Never mind works now :smiley:

(system) #7

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.