Courier Fetch : 5 of 15 shards failed. - Need Help Troubleshooting

Hi,

I got this warning that appears every few other times in Kibana:

Courier Fetch : 5 of 15 shards failed

In my elasticSearch log i get the following error message:

[2018-03-17T23:23:22,723][DEBUG][o.e.a.s.TransportSearchAction] [K-XtAVd] [emlheaders-fr][3], node[K-XtAVdWQIK3dacw4sh6Eg], [P], s[STARTED], a[id=9DIX0d1PRJG1_jQtVvpAYg]: Failed to execute [SearchRequest{searchType=QUERY_THEN_FETCH, indices=[emlheaders-], indicesOptions=IndicesOptions[id=39, ignore_unavailable=true, allow_no_indices=true, expand_wildcards_open=true, expand_wildcards_closed=false, allow_aliases_to_multiple_indices=true, forbid_closed_indices=true, ignore_aliases=false], types=[], routing='null', preference='1521328914878', requestCache=null, scroll=null, maxConcurrentShardRequests=5, batchedReduceSize=512, preFilterShardSize=64, source={"size":0,"query":{"bool":{"must":[{"match_all":{"boost":1.0}},{"match_all":{"boost":1.0}},{"range":{"timestamp":{"from":1518740601129,"to":1521329001130,"include_lower":true,"include_upper":true,"format":"epoch_millis","boost":1.0}}}],"adjust_pure_negative":true,"boost":1.0}},"version":true,"_source":{"includes":[],"excludes":[]},"stored_fields":"","docvalue_fields":["timestamp"],"script_fields":{},"aggregations":{"filter_agg":{"filter":{"geo_bounding_box":{"bodyurls.geo.geo":{"top_left":[-180.0,90.0],"bottom_right":[180.0,-90.0]},"validation_method":"STRICT","type":"MEMORY","ignore_unmapped":false,"boost":1.0}},"aggregations":{"2":{"geohash_grid":{"field":"bodyurls.geo.geo","precision":2,"size":10000},"aggregations":{"3":{"geo_centroid":{"field":"bodyurls.geo.geo"}}}}}}},"highlight":{"pre_tags":["@kibana-highlighted-field@"],"post_tags":["@/kibana-highlighted-field@"],"fragment_size":2147483647,"fields":{"*":{}}}}}]
org.elasticsearch.transport.RemoteTransportException: [K-XtAVd][x.x.x.x:9300][indices:data/read/search[phase/query]]
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Fielddata is disabled on text fields by default. Set fielddata=true on [bodyurls.geo.geo] in order to load fielddata in memory by uninverting the inverted index. Note that this can however use significant memory. Alternatively use a keyword field instead.

I just dont know where to go from here. Last suggestion seems to set fielddata=true on [bodyurls.geo.geo], but how, and does it matter that it is a geo point.

Thanks

What sort of visualisation are you building on the bodyurls.geo.geo field and what is the mapping of it?

I am doing a world map and the type of the field is : geo_point

Can you show us the _mapping endpoint for that index?

While looking at the _mapping for index-* I noticed that:

index-au had a text field for bodyurls.geo.geo but index-fr had a geo_point as a type, as well as index-* had geo_point specified. seems ok now.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.