Courier Fetch Error: unhandled courier request error: [security_exception] action [indices:data/read/mget] is unauthorized for user [ganesh]

Hi ,
I'm very new to shield process. I have created my admin login and work fine . I'm trying to add one user with logstash role. when i login in kibana its through this error " Courier Fetch Error: unhandled courier request error: [security_exception] action [indices:data/read/mget] is unauthorized for user [ganesh] ". I'm using elasticsearch 2.1.1 and kibana 1.4.3 version

I have checked my user account property also it is bonded with respective role only by use this command shield>esusers roles ganesh.

This is my logstash role detail:

logstash:
cluster: indices:admin/template/get, indices:admin/template/put
indices:
'logstash-*':
privileges: indices:data/write/bulk, indices:data/write/delete, indices:data/write/update, indices:data/read/search, indices:data/read/scroll, create_index

Can any one help me to resolve this issue.

You need to add that privilege, as the error states.

Hi Warkolam,
I have add that in privilege even though i'm getting same error.

Can you post the current, correct config?

Config mean roles.yml file?

logstash:
cluster: indices:admin/template/get, indices:admin/template/put
indices:
'logstash-*':
privileges: indices:data/write/bulk, indices:data/write/delete, indices:data/read/mget, indices:data/write/update, indices:data/read/search, indices:data/read/scroll, create_index

Anything i have to define in my roles_mapping.yml and logstash.config?

You have provided the logstash role, but that is not sufficient for a Kibana user. See the kibana4_monitoring role on this page.

1 Like

Hi jaymode,
Thank you.Now its working but i want to show my dashborad alone, rest of the i want to diasble how can i perform that?

I want to make sure I understand your question correctly, you only want the user to be able to view the dashboard? They should not be allowed to do anything else in Kibana including editing that dashboard?

Yes, your are right and also I fixed that scenario. Thank you so much for your quick reply.

I do not believe this is possible today with Kibana. We have had requests for this feature in Kibana and are looking at how we can implement it in a future version.

Jay is correct, you cannot currently do that in KB.